Embrace an international career by joining a nearshore project for a famous German Transportation Company! We're looking for a motivated and driven Senior PHP Developer, who will help shape an international team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on its success.
- You will be part of a new cross functional team owning a new tech product to understand, forecast and optimize Bus Partner and Partnership cost and profitability with 50+ internal users from all our local Business Development teams across the globe.
- You and your team will work closely with users and Business VPs on continuously developing and improving the Commercial Partner Cockpit’s product vision. You will think in use cases and build visual representations for them
- You drive the development process using an Agile environment
- As part of your daily work, you work closely with your fellow team members, for example in pair and mob programming, doing code reviews, testing and operations
- This company does not enforce a certain software development process for its teams. Therefore, as one of the first team members, you'll get an opportunity to take part in setting up a development process to your liking
- You frequently deliver new versions of the product, using continuous integration and automation
- You will work with and learn how to use cutting-edge technologies and tools
The technical profile:
- 4+ years of experience developing scalable applications in a highly available web environment
- Deep understanding of OOP and Software Design Patterns
- Experience working with PHP 7+, focused on Symfony
- Experience designing and working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong knowledge of testing principles
- Familiar with CI/CD best practices
- Understanding of queue-based messaging (Kafka, SNS/SQS)
- Experience applying Event Sourcing pattern with CQRS through RESTful APIs in a microservice architecture is a strong plus
- Familiar with cloud providers (AWS is a plus)
Do you have...
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English?
- A passion for mentoring and helping your peers grow?
- An enthusiasm for a healthy team culture and collaboration?
Then this is your opportunity!
- Preferential: availability for 1 trip to the Office per week (center of Lisbon), initially
- Life and Health Insurance
- IT Equipment (laptop + smartphone)
- Solid career perspectives, in accordance with your performance and value
- A fast-growing company driven by excellence, solidarity and a common cause
- A dynamic and young team that will be always there to support you
- Ambitious and innovative IT projects in several economic areas
- A continuous bet in your skills development, with access to online platforms and courses, such as Udemy and related
- Coffee, fruits, snacks and a warm welcoming when you pass by the Office
- Social events and team buildings
- And so, so much more...
Caixa Mágica Software is a leading Portuguese company in the Open Source market segments in Portugal. We provide various services, from specialized business consultancy, software project development and research and innovation. We have developed several projects with different implementation targets. We are actively involved with the Open Source communities, organizing a popular event in Lisbon and participating in several research projects funded by the European Union. Caixa Mágica maintains strong ties with the Portuguese public administration, participating in the development of middleware for the Portuguese Citizen Card system and extending the concept to standardization and compliance with other European systems. We also maintain a close connection with the Innovation and Research departments in various sectors, such as telecommunications and media, energy, mobile systems and cloud-based platforms to support manufacturing systems.